When you’ve had a dental emergency, our office can help you get the care you need quickly. Dr. Michaels will do an exam and diagnose the problem and then give you your treatment options. We know that emergencies can be very stressful, and our office will always do our best to make the experience a little bit easier!
If you have had a dental emergency or injury to your mouth, Oconomowoc Dental Center can see you the same day. We always make our emergency patients our first priority. Just call first thing in the morning to schedule an appointment if you have a toothache or if you sustained an injury to the mouth. Dr. Michaels will take care of your emergency that day.
If you have lost a tooth or had it knocked out, the tooth can be saved if the following steps are taken:
- Pick up tooth by the crown (the chewing surface) not the root.
- If dirty, gently rinse tooth with water. Do not use soap or other chemicals. Do not scrub the tooth or dry it. Do not wrap it in tissue or cloth.
- Reposition tooth in socket immediately, if possible. The quicker you are able to replace the tooth, the more likely it can be saved. Carefully push the tooth into the socket with your finger or position it over the socket and close your mouth carefully. Hold the tooth in place with a finger or by gently biting down.
- Keep tooth moist at all times. Do not leave the tooth outside of your mouth to dry. If you cannot place the tooth in the socket, place it in a glass of milk or in the cheek of your mouth being extremely careful not to swallow.
- Call our office as soon as possible, ideally within 30 minutes.