Great news, WE ARE OPEN! As always, we hold your health and wellbeing as our top priority. In light of the Coronavirus pandemic, we have implemented EVEN MORE safeguards to protect you and our staff. You will notice the following additions to our standard infection control regimen:
- Face masks and a hand sanitizing station will be available in our front hall for all of our patients to use.
- Social distancing will be practiced, especially in the reception area and hallways.
- Adult patients will be advised to come alone to their appointment. Additional people will be asked to wait in their car.
- Only one adult will be allowed to accompany a child patient.
- We will encourage you to wait in your car until we can seat you in a treatment room.
- Additional PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) will be worn by every staff member at all times.
- Additional drapes and moisture barriers will be provided for you during treatment.
- Before every appointment, there will be a patient screening where your temperature will be taken.
We’ve also made additional changes that you can’t see, such as:
- Upgrades in our facial masks and coverings.
- Our reception area and entire office (door handles, light switches, counters, chairs and other frequently touched surfaces) is routinely cleaned and disinfected after each patient.
- We have temporarily removed magazines and children’s toys.
- We have temporarily discontinued the use of our coffee/tea machine and baking of cookies.
- We are limiting the amount of patients seen per hour so that a smaller number of people will be in the reception area at one time.
- Staff screening and temperatures are being taken and are logged daily.
- Strict enforcement of our staff’s compliance to all protocols.
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and American Dental Association have done a great job in keeping healthcare professionals informed on the pandemic and the safety protocols that are needed at this time. As such, we will continue to follow their guidelines. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions that you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe at our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office or visit our website at drmichaelsdentalcare.com.
Thank you for being our patients, neighbors and friends! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.